Art Deco Cast Iron Panel
An Art Deco period cast iron panel, made for Regis House, a site developed by the well-known property developer Rudolph Palumbo in 1933. The front has raised decoration, with the reverse being plain.
Regis House was a ground-breaking office building occupying the prestigious corner site next to Wren’s “Monument” on the approaches to London Bridge. The exterior, lobbies and stairwells were lavishly decorated with polished iron and bronze details framed with Portoro marble pilasters. In the early 1990’s the building was demolished under the orders of Lord Palumbo, Rudolph Palumbo’s son.
In excellent condition for age, with minor surface rust. No losses or cracks.
Date of Manufacture
Materials and Techniques
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height 89.5 cm
Width 66.5 cm
Depth 1.4 cm
Weight 30 kg
Stock No: 25920