Art Deco Cast Iron Panels
These panels were made for Regis House, a site developed by the well-known property developer Rudolph Palumbo in 1933. Hinges are attached, the front has raised decoration, with the reverse being plain.
Regis House was a ground-breaking office building occupying the prestigious corner site next to Wren’s “Monument” on the approaches to London Bridge. The exterior, lobbies and stairwells were lavishly decorated with polished iron and bronze details framed with Portoro marble pilasters. In the early 1990’s the building was demolished under the orders of Lord Palumbo, Rudolph Palumbo’s son.
In excellent condition for their age, with minor surface rust. No losses or cracks.
Date of Manufacture
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height 87 cm each
Width 66.5 cm
Depth 1.4 cm
Weight 27 kg each
Stock No: 25916