Terms & Conditions
All goods supplied by UK ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
- General. Any variations of these terms and conditions in any document of the customer is inapplicable unless accepted in writing.
- Condition, age and dimensions. All goods are sold as seen. No responsibility is taken for the condition of materials or structure of any item. All ages quoted are approximate and are given to the best of our knowledge at the time of sale. All dimensions, areas, volumes or weights quoted are given as approximate. We will use imperial or metric systems at our discretion.
- Prices. Any prices quoted may vary without prior notice. All prices quoted are Pounds Sterling.
- Colours. Whilst every effort is made to ensure colour variations are kept to a minimum, no responsibility is taken is taken for any variations in the colour of materials or finishes.
- Terms of payment. Unless alternative terms of payment are agreed in writing, the customer shall make all payments prior to the collection or delivery of goods.
- Export. VAT @ 20% is included within our prices. Under certain strict circumstances VAT may be repaid to the customer on items exported outside the European Union.
- Provenance. Where possible, information regarding the history and age of items will be provided. This information is given without guarantee as to its accuracy and no reliance should be placed on such information.
- Warranties. Subject to the appropriate statutory limitations, no condition is made or to be implied, nor is any warranty given or to be implied, as to the quality, life, wear or suitability of any such goods supplied.
- Retention of title. No general property or equitable interest in goods supplied to the customer (hereinafter called ‘the contract goods’) shall pass to the customer until such time (hereinafter called ‘the specified time’) as the price of the contract goods and all other monies ( if any ) due from the customer in respect of the contract goods or under any other contract between the customer and ourselves shall have been paid in full.
- Reserving goods. Items may be reserved for 10 days upon reciept of a 20% deposit. After 10 days the item (s) will be put back on sale unless confirmation to purchase is received from the customer. Any deposit paid will be forfieted. We reserve the right to continue to advertise items during the 10 day reservation period.
- Storage. Once paid for, goods may be stored for up to three months at our premises. We cannot guarantee the security or of such goods. They are therefore stored at the buyers risk. Extensions to storage times may be agreed under certain circumstances. Any goods remaining after six months will be offered for resale. The customer shall not be entitled to any refund.
- Discounts. All discounts must be agreed in writing prior to delivery. We hereby give notice that none of our delivery staff, or agents, are authorised to give discounts. Discounts will be invalid in the event of late payment.
- Use of goods. The customer must satisfy himself that any goods ordered by him are suitable for his purposes. We hereby give notice that none of our employees are authorised to advise or recommend the suitability or otherwise of any product or products, and will not accept responsibility for any damage or loss directly or indirectly arising as a result of any incorrect or inadequate advice or recommendation. All goods are ‘sold as seen’. All goods containing gas or electrical components, or for use with such systems, are sold as scrap unless stated otherwise.
- Goods in transit. Although we shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by, or occurring during transit of goods from our premises, we will endeavour to seek recovery from its carriers the amount of any damage or loss aforesaid, but only if notification of such is given by the customer in writing within three days of the loss having been sustained.
- Delivery and consequential loss. While we will do our utmost to adhere to any time stated for delivery, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused by any delay in delivery, completion or performance of any contract, and any time stated for delivery shall not be a term of contract or a representation. In the event of ourselves being unable to supply or deliver the goods ordered, we undertake to refund any money paid in respect of such goods, but shall not otherwise be under any liability whatsoever. We shall not in any event be liable for consequential damage or loss. Delivery shall be to the nearest kerbside. Labour and/or plant required for unloading shall be supplied by the purchaser. Placement is not included unless previously agreed in writing. Provision of adequate Health & Safety measures shall be the sole responsibility of the customer or their appointed agent (s). No responsibility is accepted for any consequential loss or subsequent losses howsoever arising from the use of any materials or goods supplied.
- Delivery by installment. In case of delivery by installments the purchaser shall not be entitled to treat the delivery of faulty goods in any one installment, nor the late delivery or non-delivery of any one installment as a repudiation of the whole contract.
- Return of goods. No goods will be accepted for credit, replacement or repair unless previously agreed in writing. A handling charge in respect of returned goods shall be levied at 20% of the invoice value. Return transport costs shall be borne by the customer who must ensure goods are packaged in a suitable manor. No goods shall be accepted for return after a period of seven working days after delivery.
The vast majority of the goods we sell are reclaimed, salvaged or antique. It is the customers sole responsibility to satisfy themselves that the condition, quality, and function of any goods are suitable for the purpose intended at the time of purchase.
- Bankruptcy, etc, of customer, in any event of any distress or execution being levied against the customer, or in the event of any bankruptcy or any arrangement or composition with creditors or any offer by the customer to make such arrangement or composition, or in the event of any resolution or petition for the winding up of the customer or the appointment of a receiver in respect of the customers business or the equivalent of any of the above, we shall at our option, be entitled to determine forthwith any contract under which the purchaser shall not by then have wholly performed their obligations.
- Law of contract. any contract entered into shall be governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts